Tuesday, August 29, 2006

 

Mission: Weekend Organization

This weekend was a little crazy. I finally started on organizing the nursery, which turned into organizing the house. It all started with rearranging a few thing and then I had to organize the area where I was going to put those things and it just snowballed from there. Any closet this house has, I was trying to organize it. I even dragged Matt into it and made him organize his part of our closet. We ended up going through all our clothes and collecting things for Good Will. I think we have around 3-4 black trash bags of clothes (that doesnt count the other "stuff" we are getting rid of). I think Matt got rid of enough clothes to fill about 1/2 of a bag. So you know what that means, the rest was mine. I am freaking out a little because my wardrobe was cut by half (realistically more)!!!! Granted, I dont think I had worn some of that since high school (so I know it wouldn't fit anyway). Why did I have clothes from high school? I think it was a hope in the back of my mind that those would fit again. Even if I got that small again, I am having a baby, the body will never be the same. Not even considering that those clothes are out of style now anyway, well, my style at least. I know what you are thinking, you are prego, your clothes dont fit anyway. True. But my rule was if it didnt fit before I was prego, then I know that it wont fit after, so it went away. Even though it was a little scary, it feels good that the clothes I have in my closet are nice and fit (or will...probably....hopefully) after the baby is born. The sad thing is, there is still a ton of stuff to do to get the nursery ready. Oh well, at least we started. I just cant get sidetracked again.

Yesterday, I had a doctors appointment. Just a check up. Everything was great. Baby is doing well. I did have my glucose tolerance test. If you have ever had one, you know that its no fun. They give you a drink thats a little like an orange soda, except it has like 5 times the sugar, or something like that. You have to drink it in 5 minutes and then sit there for an hour (you have to sit and you cant eat anything - including gum). You can only drink a little water and get up to go to the restroom. At the end of the hour, you get your blood drawn. They told me they would only call me if I did not pass. So I am hoping that I dont get a call. If I do, then I have to take a 3 hour test. No thank you. I am a little nervous about it, because I didn't feel well during and after it. I guess we will see. I also had to pre-admit myself into the hospital for delivery. I am like "What! I am only in my 25th week! We have a little time" but I guess you never know. They also gave me my info packet for the 3rd trimester (which begins after the 27th week) So I guess we are getting closer. SCARY! December is closing in! It is very exciting, dont get me wrong. Its just also very scary. Well, it seems I have written a novel once again, hope all of you had a great weekend.

Comments:
Holy cow- it IS sneaking up on us. That's exciting! Good to hear from you! We love you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?