Tuesday, September 19, 2006

 

Guess where we spent yesterday afternoon

Guesses? Anyone? Anyone? Thats right, Labor and Delivery. My home away from home. I started contracting again, 5 an hour. I called and they told me to put my feet up and drink tons of water. I guess this is the cure all for them :) If they didnt stop, I was to call back in an hour. As you can guess, they didnt stop. I had 6 the next hour. They told me to come in and get checked. I went in, got hooked up, etc. It was my regular doctor on call, so he knew all my history. He checked me and I was not dilating. He also did an ultrasound. It was great to see the little guy, no pics though :( Baby looked great, moving all around. I think he made the doc frustrated because baby wouldn't stay still for anything. The amniotic fluid level was fine. Pretty much everything looks normal except I am contrating. They did this test on Saturday where they swab the cervix and if it comes back negative then there is a 99.9% chance that you will NOT deliver in the next 3 weeks. Mine was negative, so I think that made the doc feel better about the contractions. If it was positive, then there was a 50% chance (or something like that) that you could deliver in the next 3 weeks. He said it could be a UTI (urinary tract infection) (which I called this morning to get my lab results and they were negative - so no UTI) or it could be my norm. Yeah, my norm. That means I am going to be dealing with these for the next 3 months. He said he could give me meds to stop them, like they did Saturday, but thats temporary. They would just start again some other time, like they did. No thanks, I dont want to take meds if I dont have to and if it doesnt really do any good. So, you might ask (ok you might not, but I did) how am I going to know if something is wrong if I am always contracting? He told me that since this is my norm, pay attention to what I am feeling and if anything feels different or changes that will be my cue. Makes sense I guess. I have an regular check up in 2 weeks, and I guess we will see how I am doing then. So, I guess this will be a long 3 months. Oh well. I am just happy that the baby is doing great. Wish it was December.

Comments:
what?!? you are just going to be contracting until it is time? that sucks. you must be extra extra hard core.
 
Wow. That's crazy- i've never heard of that happening to anyone, but what do I know?? Well, go Lindsay, and put those feet up!!
 
stay away from the hospital! he's not ready yet! :) is there a difference between the contractions you're feeling and braxton-hicks contractions that are pretty common in late pregnancy? just curious
 
Braxton-hicks contractions dont hurt and have are completely random. Regular contractions hurt and come at regular intervals. Mine were 2 to 3 minutes apart and hurt.
 
what in the world is going on here - glad that you and baby are ok. I will pray for comfort in these last 3 months for you and baby!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?