Sunday, November 12, 2006

 

Big Day Tomorrow

So tomorrow I have my External Cephalic Version. (webmd's explination)(I called it wrong before, I thought they were saying aversion, but they were actually calling it a version - opps) Probably. I went in for my non-stress test on Wednesday. They hook you up to monitors to check the baby's heartrate and your contractions. After about 10 minutes, the nurse came in and asked if I could feel the contractions. Uh....Yeah! I have been feeling them since I was 28 weeks. She told me I was contracting, on average, every minute, but sometimes the contractions were lasting longer than a minute. At 28 weeks I was contracting every 2 minutes. Then she asked the last time I was checked and I told her at 28 weeks. I am 36 now. She told me it was time and had the doctor on call come and check me. I was 2 cm and 30% effaced. I am still suppose to have a month to go! Granted, you can be 2 cm for weeks before you have the baby, but I have no clue how long I have been at 2 cm. So the doctor on call talked to my doctor and they told me to try and hold out until Monday when they can perform the version. Hold out, huh, like I am controlling any of this :). They want me to be at least 36 weeks in case they have to deliver (there is info on the slight risk through the links above). When I made the appointment for Monday, we were suppose to discuss the version and perform it the next day or so, but now that I am dialating, they want to do it asap. So I am guessing it will be tomorrow. So, wish me luck. I am hoping it works and that I only have to do it once!

Comments:
Go Lindsay Go! Yea doctors! I am being your cheerleader, hopefully helping while they are trying the version. If you are contracting more, effaced, etc. does that mean the baby is coming soon?
 
Turn Baby Al! Turn!!! Hope that things go well at the doctor's office today. Make sure to let us know what happens. (I was 50% effaced for more than a month! and a cm dialated for several weeks)
 
Good luck at the dr. You, baby and Matt are in our prayers! The time is coming soon :-)
 
Good luck at the dr. You, baby and Matt are in our prayers! The time is coming soon :-)
 
i can't believe BIRTH day is getting so close! i guess i thought you just might be preggers forever!! (i am sure you were hoping the SAME thing!!!) ;)

good luck at the docs... we are thinking of you guys!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?