Friday, November 03, 2006

 

Doctors Appointment

I went to my doctors appointment this afternoon. Baby is still breech. We discussed all the possibilities. He is going to give me until I turn 36 weeks (Nov 12) for baby to turn around himself. If he doesnt, they are going to perform an aversion. That is where they use their hands on my abdomen to physically turn the baby themselves. If it works, they are going to just watch me until I go into labor naturally. If it doesnt, I can either wait to see if he turns on his own or be scheduled for a c-section after that or up to about a week before my due date. They wont let me go to my due date if he is breech. The problem with waiting to see is that if he doesnt turn and I go into labor, then there would have to be an emergency c-section. If it does work and then later he turns back, they can try the aversion again unless I am in labor and then it is too late, they cant perform an aversion while you are in labor. The doctor did a quick ultrasound today and said that there is plenty of fluid for him to turn around in, so now it is a waiting game. Cross those fingers you guys!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?