Tuesday, November 14, 2006

 

Sorry I didnt update yesterday

It was a very long day. Matt and I were at the hospital at 7:30 am and didnt leave until after 2pm. When we first got there, I went in to see my doctor and was checked out to make sure he was still breech. He was. They also checked and I am still at 2cm.

After that, they sent me up to Labor and Delivery for the version. They hooked me up to the monitors for about an hour to make sure his heartrate was steady and how my contractions were. They were still going strong. After 3 attemps, they got me hooked up to an IV, I guess my veins just didnt want to cooperate. The doctors decided that since my contractions were how they were that they would give me a relaxing drug. I was like, Sure! Little did I know it was the drug I had before when I went in to L&D for my contractions at 28 weeks. The shaky med. Fun stuff. So they give me that and it works instantly. My contractions stop and the shaking begins. There were 4 doctors, nurses, Matt and I in the room. It was quite a party. So after I sign tons of papers, they began.

They checked the postion of the baby with the ultrasound. The first attempt, they decided to try a front roll with him. There were 2 doctors actually performing the version. The male doc pushed the baby up and out of my pelvis, while the female doc actually turned him. It was the most excrusiating pain I have ever felt. I didnt know pain like that existed. I physically couldn't breath. They had to keep telling me to breath, so I wouldnt pass out, but I just couldnt breath while it was going on, no matter what I tried. The 2 docs had both of their whole body weighs pressing on my abdomen. Matt said at one time the female doc had her feet off the ground and her whole weight on me. They got him about half way there and as soon as they loosened their hold, he fought his way back up. The doctor was saying that when she was holding him in position, he was fighting her the whole time. Stubborn little boy, I guess he takes after his mother already.

They tried 2 more times after that. They said that they could try a total of 3 times and that was all they would do. One where they tried a back roll and another front roll. Toward the end of the last time they tried, I asked them to stop, I just couldnt take it any more, and it wasnt working. We all gave it everything we could and he just doesnt want to move. The nurse who was there said she had never seen them work on someone the way they did on me, and she has been a L&D nurse for 15 years. With a normal version, they dont usually work as hard on someone like they did with me and if they have to, they give them an epidural. I guess since I was taking it, they just kept going harder. Even though I am a little dissapointed that it didnt work, I am glad I gave it everything I had, so I can look back and know this was the way it was suppose to be. So we are going to be scheduling a c-section when I turn 39 weeks (the first week of December). The lady who normally schedules them was out yesterday, so I am going to call her today. I will let you all know the date when I know it.

I am just taking it slow today, I kinda feel like I was hit by a mack truck. Matt has been wonderful, he took the rest of the day off yesterday and took care of me. I think he was a little tramatized by watching the version. He ordered me not to do anything today while he is as work, so I am trying to follow orders (this one time, at least :) ) Sorry about the long post; I tried to make it as compact as I could.

Comments:
OH MY GOODNESS, Lindsay- you are Wonder Woman. You are fantastic. Just think- you're almost there! We're rooting for you, and we love you!
 
oh my gosh! you are amazing! no way could i do that....can't wait until the little man is here.
 
Thanks guys for the support. By the way, I forgot to add that baby did great during the whole thing. His heartrate never dropped. At one point they checked him with the ultrasound and he was just hanging out sucking his thumb!
 
He must have found his comfy spot and didn't want to move. We are all proud of you for hanging in there.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?