Wednesday, November 01, 2006

 

Ultrasound Update

Matt and I went to the doctors this morning for our growth scan. I am mad at our little guy. (OK, seriously I'm not, but I want to be) He decided in this last week that he wants to be breech. Last week at our doctors appointment he was head down, he has been head down the whole pregnancy, but this week he turned for some unknown reason. I am hoping that he will go back, if not, he will have to be delivered by c-section. Not really what I want to do. He is sitting with his bottom in my pelvis, one leg bent with his elbow resting on it, and the other leg straight up over his head and the arm down by his side. Sounds comfy, huh?

The ultrasound tech took his measurements. They measure the head, abdomine, and thigh bone and from that information they get his weight. He is weighing in at 6 1/2 lbs. He is only suppose to be 5 lbs right now. He is 2 1/2 weeks ahead of schedule, at least. She said that it is not from the gestational diabetes. When you have a large baby due to GD, their abdomines are very large and round. She said that you can sometimes even see fat rolls. Our baby's abdomine was the only part of him that was measuring normal for his week. She said he is just a big baby. She said he has long legs. I wonder where he gets that? Not from me! I'm kinda scared that none of his footed sleepers will fit, I guess we will have to wait and see.

I dont know exactly know what is going to happen from here. I see my doctor for a regular check up on Friday and the ultrasound tech said he will discuss the options then. She checked with the doctor who was the consultant for the day and he said that they wouldnt do anything until at least 36 weeks. I am 34 1/2 right now. A week and a half. I have a ton to do if that happens! We'll see what my doc says. I am just suppose to drink tons of water and rub my belly in a clockwise motion to get him to turn. Hope it works, the tech said they would check again on Friday to see where he was. I'll let ya'll know what he says!

Comments:
They didn't give you any pics of the little guy? I've been anxiously awaiting today for pictures! Baby Al is just trying to beat out his cousin - boys are always competing!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?