Sunday, June 29, 2008

 

It's the Little Things

So it is raining(read: 5 min sprinkle) here today for first time in 2 months. I just walked outside and stood in it. I realized that I have probably forgotten so many normal things that I don't even miss them anymore. Just off the top of my head: trees, grass, not being assaulted by flies every day, driving unarmored vehicles, not carrying a weapon at all times, eating out, home cooking, donuts, quality toilet paper, drinking from the faucet, a time before the word roger was a universal response...

Speaking of home cooking, the terps invited me to come over for dinner last night. I had already eaten grilled cheese and tomato soup at the DFAC for dinner but I didn't want to turn down an invitation. They made some stewed okra dish with onions and tomatoes that was pretty good. There was also what they called a salad but we would call more of a salsa. It had fresh tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and some seasoning. Of course there was the delicious flat bread that serves as a universal utensil here. After dinner we just sat around talking and drinking tea. The terps that don't get used a lot enjoy practicing their English so everyone had a good time.

I can feel a case of short-timers creeping up on me with leave right around the corner. I still need to figure out what I want to do while i'm home. Are the Travs playing while i'm home? That would be a nice night.

Comments:
Cannot wait to see you and give you a hug! How about an afternoon at the pool with the kiddos (AKA fishes)?! Love ya!
 
Yes, the Travelers are playing quite a few times when you will be home. I am so looking forward to the meals I know you will request from mom; she would probably cook you anything you want. Getting excited!
 
this is driving me crazy!!!! someone drive me to little rock!!! i want to have fun with everyone while matt's home! i think this is the first time i've not enjoyed being pregnant in the past 30 weeks. ugh!!!!
 
What are the dates you will be home? May have to swing a trip down!!

John Robus
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?